GRAPE VARIETIES :
▪ For Châteauneuf-du-Pape rouge and Côtes du Rhône : Grenache (80 %), Syrah, Mourvèdre…
▪ For Châteauneuf-du-Pape blanc : Grenache blanc, Clairette,
▪ For IGP: Merlot, Cinsault, Chardonnay, Viognier
PRÉSIDENT : Jocelyn Bressy
DIRECTEUR GÉNÉRAL : Pierre Cohen
DISTRIBUTION : Bottle sales have increased by a factor of 8 in 8 years to reach 2.2 million bottles, 46 % of which on the export market (55 % for Châteauneuf-du-Pape)
MAIN BRANDS : Cellier des Princes with Cuvées : Blason du Prince, Haut des Coteaux, Sceau du Prince, Couronne et Vignes du Prince
▪ Châteauneuf-du-Pape : Domaine les Escondudes, Domaine de la Pierre, Domaine Le Mourre, Cuvée Sainte-Vierge…
▪ Côtes du Rhône : Vaucroze, St Jacques (bio)
▪ Côtes du Rhône Villages : La Côte, Plan de Dieu
▪ Côtes du Ventoux : Ju
PRODUCTION : 30 000 hl by a year : AOP Châteauneuf-du-Pape, AOP de la Vallée du Rhône méridionale (Vacqueyras, Gigondas, Ventoux, Côtes du Rhône, Villages…), IGP Principauté d’Orange, vins de cépage
ASSETS : ▪ An exceptional terroir, located in and around Chateauneuf-du-Pape. A vineyard boasting old vines of Grenache, most of which are handpicked.
▪ A high commitment to sustainable development (organic wines since 2013, 800 m² of solar panels, recycled waste and packaging)
▪ The following quality certifications: HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), IFS (International Food Standard) and BRC (British Retail Consortium) – level A and above.
▪ With regard to wine tourism, a new Wine & Terroirs center with 120 wine and spirits brands was inaugurated in Courthézon, as well as a shop in Marseille called “Les Jeudis Gourmands”. Food and wine tastings are organized every other Thursday evening at the cellar, along with guided bicycle rides throughout the vineyard of Chateauneuf.
This cellar is the leading producer of Châteauneuf-du-Pape wines and is present in 25 countries. “We boast unique resources within the appellation’s growing area. Three emblematic terroirs, comprising smooth pebbles, sand and chalky-clay, combine to create extremely complete and stable wines from one year to the next. The pebbles provide structure, roundness and strength, the sand offers finesse and the chalky-clay brings about complexity”.
Les Hauts des Coteaux is elaborated from a selection of the best parcels of the vineyard, generally situated on high slopes. Only 5 vintages of this wine have been produced over the past 12 years! The 2010 vintage has obtained a gold medal from the International Wine Challenge in London.